Sunday, June 6, 2010

Picking up Pennies

Find a penny, pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck. This is one of those life lessons I learned when I was small, and have passed it onto my grandchildren. I know that even though they are 1900 miles away, they still look for pennies. My grandson is always finding little treasures and putting them in his pockets.

During my daily and weekly visits to various blogs and news sites, I am constantly finding little treasures. One of my favorite sites,Get Rich Slowly had a guest post for a woman, only a couple years older than myself who went back to school, and wrote an article for MSN Money that reminded me of my own personal struggles entitled Surviving (and thriving) on $12,000 a year. The fun thing was that after I found this little treasure, I found yet another.

Her daughter, Abigail has a site, I-Pick-Up-Pennies where I was able to enter a drawing to win a free pair of Cushe shoes. I don't know if I will win, but it was fun to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment. Links must be relevant and ones I would not feel uncomfortable showing my grandchildren. Manners are important and no profanity, name-calling or abuse will be tolerated.